Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A memento from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.... Bought on February 14, 1970.

After a really awful period of my life in which my father left us and my mother and us three kids were pretty much alone in the world. We finally got enough money together to leave Florida. We had been living with another family and we slept in their living room. Everything that we owned at that time was pretty well lost or confiscated. I did manage to save three things that today are very special to me. Everything else from my past are from other sources as everything we had was lost.

The family we lived with were Elton and Bertha Shoemaker. Elton bought this for me as we waited for our plane to start a new life in New Jersey.  It was a time before there was a Disney. Funny today Disney dominates everything about Florida. But here is a sad, but historic piece from my past.