Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Meeting Yogi Berra in 2001 and recording him at the Yogi Berra Museum at Monclair University



Yogi Berra and I after he made some recordings





Poster from an event I set up at Barnes and Nobles with Yogi Berra







Yogi signed the poster on the face of the book where he usually signed...This is a really special item, that brings back memories of that event. He is a really cool guy,




I have met Yogi Berra many times over the years..The first time was in the 1960's..Later in the days when I was a performer I sang for him...He would often be at the meadowland Raceway at the Pegasus Restaurant with Robert Merrill. They would often be at the racetrack with a small battery powered TV, watching the ball game!!


In later years I got to do an event with Yogi Berra at a Barns and Noble book store..That was quite an event. He even signed a poster from the event for me.



I finally recorded him in 2001 at his museum in Monclair University. He was fun and full of all the enjoyment of life that has made him a universal icon. He was fun as was his wife Carmen Berra. It was a great day at his museum.

Thank you Yogi!

No comments:

Post a Comment