Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I did some filming today for a new documentary. It will honor 80 years of sound pictures

This is me looking as a historian should look...historical!






This is my get up for the documentary. It will be really nice. I am very proud to be a small part of it. The history of motion pictures and movies with sound. This is being done by Time Warner.
Of course, where I come from in it's history is the early part of it... Such as Muybridge, Dickson, and Edison. But I was able to add quite a few good quotes including the closer for the first part of the show...

It will be on sale later this year in a box set with the re-release of Warner Brothers 1927 Vitaphone hit, "The Jazz Singer". It may also be playing on Turner Movie Classics as well. Well I will let you know when it comes out. I have done a number of programs for TV..But this was quite a bit more extensive.

There may be more to the story if we can make it happen.. We may be able to record someone special for this program on cylinder and match it with film as they did in the old days...If it happens I will talk about it...But since it would happen in Hollywood, California..It seems there may have to be some talks done to see if it will happen at all...ie costs, timing, personal...etc.

But it was a great day for me today and I look forward to the program when it comes out later this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog, and just wanted to say I enjoyed reading it.

Post a Comment