Friday, February 16, 2007

Oh...How I miss Jack Benny...I forgot how funny comedy once was..Hurrah for "youtube" I have cried myself silly with laughter...


Today I watch comedy and they try to be funny...But it just pales in comparison with some one like Jack Benny....Who I would say was perhaps the funniest comedian of the 20th century...I can think of no rival...

I feel sorry for kids today who are stuck with pretty lame comedians and think they are funny, or to be funny you have to have a mouth like a sewer.....

Jack Benny would sing, dance, be amazingly funny with out saying a word, play violin something awful (except when he had to play well and then he amazed us all)....He was comedic renaissance man...

I grew up loving Jack Benny..I followed every show he did...I watched him every time on Johnny Carson and every show and special he did..I listened carefully when it was announced that he was dying...I remember the day..I wrote it in my journal ...

December 26, 1974...."Jack Benny died today...the world is a little sadder...We will laugh again...but never as warmly or with as much love..."

Through the wonder of "youtube",I have been re introduced to Jack Benny..and have cried and laughed as I watched the old films.....Thank you Jack Benny for making my younger years so wonderful...I wish there was someone today half as funny as you were.

I do not know if younger people would see the humor in Mr. Benny.....I hope they might...It is sad that comedy has been made so pale and boring that Benny's style of humor is not followed or understood anymore...Perhaps it is to labor intensive (ie...Requires a bit of thought)...

I care not if they think it may be a tad old fashioned...I do not cry from laughter with new comedy...I cringe and feel the loss to us all. He was truly one of the greats when it came to comedy. Thank you ...