Friday, February 23, 2007

A souvenir of the St. Louis World's Fair in 1904....One of the funniest souvenirs of any world's fair..

This is one really cute piece of 1904 World's Fair memorabilia




This is such a cute little piece from the World's Fair of 1904. Of course I could not imagine such a piece for sale today..Some would perhaps see it as off color, or in poor taste. But this was a common type of humor a century ago.

As you can see in the picture the little boy is peeing on the ground ...and spelling out the phrase "Good Luck"...As his dog looks on intently.
Also on the side of the drawing it says.."Not bad for a stub pen"...To translate not bad for such a little pen...

Today I guess many would be upset at such a drawing or sales item. But I see it as pure fun. How many of us as kids try to spell out our names by peeing on the ground...I tried...My handwriting was terrible!!!