Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Items bought on the Queen Elizabeth in Fort Lauderdale, Florida in 1969

The Queen Elizabeth was the biggest thing in Fort Lauderdale. Unfortunately it was a great disaster. It never amounted to anything. This post card from the time shows it all. There was not much around there then.The Queen at rest in Florida. She stayed there and just rusted.
Here is a rare advertisement from my days in Ft. Lauderdale. It is from 1969 and I clipped it out and saved it. I never ate on the Queen Elizabeth. But this add makes it sound fascinating.
On the ship you could get things like this. A deck plan
If you look carefully on the lower right bottom you will see The Queen Limited Port Everglades, Florida.
Here is a rare rare item I would imagine. How many people have one of the bags from the Queen Elizabeth's gift shop in Port Everglades? This item was not in use for long and one of the special things I saved as an 11 year old boy.